The Australian College of Physical Education
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is an independent specialist tertiary education institution in Sydney, Australia. The college offers degree programmes in PDHPE teaching, physical education, sports coaching, health and fitness, dance education, and sports management. The institute was founded in 1917, and is located at the Sydney Olympic Park.
The college was founded in 1917 (making it the fourteenth-oldest tertiary education institution in Australia), initially as a physical education training institution for young women (the college only began admitting male students in 1971). The college's founder was Frank Stuart – a swordsman, fencinginstructor and physical training instructor, who had taught members of both the British and Russian Royal families, and went on to coach the Australian fencing teams for the 1950 Empire Games and the 1952 Olympic Games. The college was initially located within the premises of Normanhurst School in the Sydney suburb ofAshfield. It has an early connection with the Swords Club. (a connection recognised today through the college emblem), and in 1919 the club and the college were registered jointly as the ACPE and Swords Club Pty Ltd.
The college moved to new premises in Petersham in 1949, and then to Croydon in 1970. In 1995, the college moved into the Sydney Olympic Park at Homebush Bay, where the2000 Olympic Games were held. Students at the college regularly use the Olympic Park's facilities, such as the Sports Centre, Aquatic Centre and Tennis Centre, for lectures and tutorials.
In 2013 ACPE partnered with SpotJobs, an online employment website, to deliver education and training to qualified users.
Other Australian University
- Charles Darwin University
- Curtin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Federation University
- Deakin College / University
- La Trobe University
- Flinders University
- Macquarie University
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- The University of Western Sydney
- Taylors College
- Australian Institute of Higher Education
- Martin College
- Oxford College
- AIPE (Australian Institute of Professional Education)
- Sydney TAFE
- The Australian College of Physical Education
- ANU College
- Australian College of Natural Medicine
- Australian Institute of Applied Sciences (AIAS)
- Perth Institute of Business and Technology (PIBT)
- Australian National University
- PIBT + Edith Cowan University
- Griffith University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- University of South Australia
- Newcastle International College (NIC)
- University of Newcastle
Choose your study destination
Please contact us to know about any upcoming events.